Blog Journal #9

 The biggest thing I liked about my distanced learning experience is that I was able to attend class calls from anywhere and just listen in. I ended up being able to work on classwork simultaneously while on class zoom calls, and got a lot more done by both listening to my classes and doing homework at the same time. Because the switch to emergency remote learning was so quick, a lot of the teachers had issues adapting to the technology. This resulted in some issues in conveying information, but I think with proper preparation distanced learning can be just as effective as in person learning. 

Open educational resources are available for anyone without any cost or restrictions. They may be materials for lesson plans, or other resources for teachers to use. https://www.oercommons.org/ This is a database of OER materials. It lets you search by grade level, subject and standard to find different OERs. 

I don't often use PowerPoint, and this project really helped me gain a better handle on some of it's tools that are unique and not a part of google slides. I had no idea that the voice over feature was there, and it seems like it could be very useful in the future. Some of the more detailed aspects of the assignment, like changing the slides master, were very difficult. I think PowerPoint has a lot of useful tools, it's just sometimes difficult to access and understand how to use them. 



Comments

Popular Posts